Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baking Cookies


Most of you know that we take an annual vacation to the Grand Tetons. And most of you know that the week or two leading up to our vacation, I pre-cook many dinners for us so as not to have to spend time in the kitchen there. I also bake cookies, along with Mommy, for all to enjoy. Yesterday, I told Grumpa that I would make his favorite cookie: Oatmeal with chocolate chips and coconut. Lots of coconut. A FULL bag of coconut. He likes his Oatmeal cookies with a side order of coconut. Anyway, Sammy was here and I thought this would be a good time to show her the ins and outs of baking. You know, pass on the secrets to the next generation. What's my secret of Oatmeal Cookies? Use the recipe on the box of oatmeal. Here she is in full baking regalia. This little apron was Auntie Kenna's when she was about six or seven and I began to show her things in the kitchen.

No comments: