Monday, February 15, 2010

A place for everything and everything in its place

This little doll was made by my mom after she was shown how to by a girlfriend of hers.  It has a porcelain head and the body, arms and legs are filled with very small beans.  Real eyelashes and hair, too.  My mom made this when I was in high school so as a little girl, it wasn't there for me to play with.  I re-discovered it recently and offered it to Sammy to play with.  That lasted all of 15 minutes when she was dragging it by the hair to stuff into the storage area of her scooter.  While she wasn't looking, the little heritage doll made her escape into a closet once again until Sammy is a little older and can play with it with more care.
But, as you can see, the dog bed is again out in full force and the little dolly shared it with Sammy.

1 comment:

Patti said...

Yep...dolly in the storage "unit", Sammy in the dog bed...everything in it's place! Yeah for the dog bed! I LOVE the dog bed! Well, I love it for Sammy...not that I want to sit/sleep in it!

I remember this doll from Jim 'n Dee's room AKA Larry 'n Pat's room...Good job on the clandestine spiriting away of the dolly for future days...