Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Nostalgia

When I look at this photo it takes me back to when Sammy's daddy was this age. We were so excited that he started crawling. Such a benchmark in a child's life. I also remember that I cried when he took those first tentative crawls before he whizzed by me all at once. All that I could understand that my little baby was moving. Without me all by himself and that this was the first step in his independance from his parents. It really got to me because I could see the day ahead when he would start walking, then running and doing all those lovely things that children do all by themselves. And now? He's a daddy and I'm looking at his firstborn crawl away. Once again, I tear up.

1 comment:

Patti said...

what a sweet picture...and lovely reflective comments...